What am I allowed to do with Daniel’s music?
Hey so, turns out copyright law is a fickle thing! If you’ve clicked on this, you probably have been wondering if you’re allowed to use my music in your youtube video or your twitch stream or whatever other video service there is.
Well, so, here’s the permissions I’mma lay out to ya:
- You CAN use my music on your YouTube video/ Twitch stream
- You CAN monetize your YouTube video/ Twitch stream
- You CANNOT upload all my music as-is, monetize it and make money off of streaming all my music. This means you have to put in some creative work, be that a podcast or a video about some game you’re playing or a music video or whatever. Just don’t upload all my music and make money off my work through ads. That’d be SUPER rude
- You HAVE TO specify that my music is being used. Be that through having my credits in the description or by you mentioning it. If you are doing a stream of sorts and there’s no way you can put in that information, at least put in the energy to tell people that you’re streaming my music if someone’s asking
- You CANNOT make my music available to download for free. If the music is free on my end, please lead your people to the download page I offer
- I ASK YOU to at least purchase my music if you have the intent of using it for your video/stream/podcast or whatever
- If you have ANY questions about this list or what you can do with my music please reach out to my manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
This by no means entitles you do to whatever you want with my music. My music is still copyrighted, so I do have the right to tell you not to use my music.
Sorry to be so harsh about this, but it’s really hard to be so open about allowing people to use music! My music is the way I make money, and by making everyone able to use it I essentially give my stuff to you in hope that you help me out by telling everyone that I exist. Maybe that way I might get enough money for a pizza or something.